Thursday, July 5, 2018

Vegetable~Prawns Cutlets.


“Vegetable~Prawns Cutlets" Served with Coriander~Coconut Chutney and Tomato Ketchup (store bought) ... Cutlets are a delight to relish in monsoon and with addition of prawns it's that much more yummier ...... 

** Cutlets are a pleasure to relish at any time of the day. But somehow I never get round to making them often and I have no idea why, I just seem to forget. Been wanted to eat prawn cutlets for over a year now, but I always remembered it after the prawns got over. Finally, I have found solution to my forgetfulness. I write it on the board hung in my kitchen along with the list of things to be replaced, bought or given etc. That way whenever I go in and out it just haunts me and yes I can’t say it is 100% success coz. there are two dishes which I want to prepare written around a month back, which I have still not got round to making and the jackfruit season now is over. 

** Coming to cutlets, when I bought prawns, I bought a little bit extra and kept it aside for the preparation of prawns and finally today got round to preparing it without forgetting about it again. It turned out delicious as always, but this time the only difference I did was placed one full prawn on top of each cutlets pressed them properly and then tava fried them. I have somehow not included this recipe coz. the pictures clicked had somehow come out blurred before and I did not want to spoil the dish. This time however, they are definitely better. Try these cutlets if you love prawns like me, it tastes delicious. You can shape them into any desired shape you like, I used a heart shaped mold for the same. 


** Here is the Recipe “Vegetable~Prawns Cutlets" … My Style …

** Ingredients :
Prawns : 10-12 medium sized. 
Potato : 2 large sized.
Beetroot : 1 large sized or 2 medium sized.
Carrots : 1 large sized or 2 medium sized.
Cornflour : 2 tblsp 
Salt to taste

** For making the mixture:
Oil : 2 tblsp.
Garlic / Losun : 4-5 cloves crushed into paste.
Ginger / Adrak / Alley : ½ - 1 inch piece, crushed into paste.
Red Chilly Powder : 1 tblsp.
Haldi / Turmeric Powder : One large pinch
Coriander / Dhania / Kothimbir Powder :1 tsp.
Jeera / Cumin Powder : ½ tsp.
Fennel / Badisep Powder : ¼ tsp
Garam Masala Powder : ½ tsp

** For shallow frying : about 3-4 tblsp 

Note: I used non stick tava for frying of cutlets as it does not need much oil if used. 


** Clean and de-vein the prawns apply a pinch of salt, mix and keep it aside ready. Add the prawns into a small pan with little bit of water and cook till done. Remove, strain and keep aside. Keep aside a few for pressing on the top of the cutlets and cut the remaining one’s into small pieces. 

** Note : Do not add in much water while cooking the prawns, so that you do not have to actually strain it. Keep sprinkling a little bit as you cook, prawns hardly take 3-4 minutes to cook. 

** Wash and pressure cook potato and keep aside. When able to handle, peel of the skin and mash it well. Keep this ready aside. 

** Peel off the skin of beetroot and carrot. Grate them and put them in a kadai and cook on low heat sprinkling some water. I never added any water, I just put them in a glassware flat microwave dish and cooked in microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Remove and cool it a little bit. Add in the mashed potato and mix well. 

** Preparing the mixture : Heat Oil in a small pan, when hot lower the heat to medium and add in the garlic and ginger crushed into paste and fry for a few minutes. When its rawness goes, add in the chilly pd, haldi pd, coriander pd, jeera pd, fennel pd and garam masala and mix well and add in to the beetroot-potato-carrot mixture. 


** Add in salt to taste, cooked chopped prawns and the cornflour to the mixture and mix well to form a dough. It should come to a rolling consistency without breaking up. If need be add in a little more of cornflour. But if you do not add in any water while cooking etc. you will be able to form it to a rolling consistency. So be careful and use water sparingly. I have not added in any water at all, as I used Microwave for cooking beet and carrots. Only 2 bblsp on non stick cook ware for prawns, that’s it. 

** Note : You can keep the cutlet mixture in the refrigerator. It will help in binding into shape much more easily at times. Also the mixture can be kept in an air tight box if needed for later use. 

** I used a heart shaped mold for shaping the cutlet. Just remove a large tennis ball sized mixture and put into into mold and give shape or just into a round shape with hand. Flatten it out a bit and then press one prawn if desired (Optional) in the center and roll it in fine rava to dust evenly on all sides. Prepare all in similar way and keep them ready. I got about 6 cutlets in all as I had made slightly larger sized cutlets. 

** Heat the oil in a non stick pan, once hot enough, place the cutlet gently into the pan and fry evenly on all sides by flipping them over once done on one side. Once done remove and keep it in an absorbent paper for excess oil to get drained off. Fry the required number of cutlet whenever need be and serve them hot as and when desire with accompaniment of your choice. 


** “Vegetable~Prawns Cutlets" are done and ready to be served. Always serve cutlets hot with any green chutney of your choice along with some tomato ketchup or any other sauce of your choice. I served the cutlets with tomato ketchup (store bought) and coriander coconut chutney which I always prepare and keep ready in freezer for using over a week. 

** If you are a non-vegetarian, do try out this cutlet and enjoy with your family and friends. You can prepare the mixture ahead and store in fridge if you have guests dropping in and can fry them fresh once the party begins. You can prepare them in small sizes and serve them as starters during party time, I have many a time done so and it has always disappeared within no time.

** Also given below is the Link to the Recipe of “Coriander~Coconut Chutney” which is in the picture above too ….. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of similar type in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. You can also go to my page (add on the left side of blog) and leave a message and I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible … Thank you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.