Friday, July 20, 2018

Roasted And Spiced Groundnut~Onion Koshimbir (Salad).


"Roasted And Spiced Groundnut~Onion Koshimbir (Salad) served with Kokum Rasam" ... A delicious starter that can be served with any drinks of your choice or for a time pass break too ... Yummilicious .........

** A few days back I had posted “Roasted & Spiced Groundnut” famous as congress kadlalekayi a few days back. It was posted by dear Shobana akka which I had followed. At that time another friend of mine gave me a fantastic tip of preparing koshimbir/salad out of the same with addition of spices and onions. She told me it goes down very well when drinks are served at parties. Well we are teetotaler, but the tip she shared made me so intrigued that I just good not rest till I prepared the same. It’s raining heavily for past 10 days in Mumbai and there is also a chill in the air that makes you uncomfortable at nights unless you stay warm. So I prepare a lot of hot steaming soups for dinner and today I decided to have a light dinner with koshimbir along with some hot soup. But somehow soup did not appeal today, so decided to prepare rasam which is also an appetizer that we relish as soup in my home. 

** I had been wanting to prepare Kokum Rasam for a long time now, as it is highly beneficial to health with the added goodness of kokum. So I finalized on kokum rasam and trust me it was a fantastic combo. The rasam is simply fantastic and the same has been posted in the blog a few days back. So will add on the links to both the dishes and write in only the method of preparing the koshimbir. This time I have prepared with only onions, but I feel you can also add on grated carrots and finely chopped cucumber too, if desired. Maybe cabbage too, I have yet to try those combinations, unfortunately I cannot do it for a few more days as the spiced groundnuts have been emptied and I have to prepare them again. You can also season/temper this if required, well that is my assumption, yet to try various possibilities, till then enjoy this version. 

** Thanks to Kiran Nayak Chellappa for the koshimbir tip and Shobana Rao akka for the roasted and spiced groundnut recipe. 

** Here is the simple recipe for “Roasted And Spiced Groundnut~ Onion Koshimbir (Saldad)" … My style …. 

** Finely chop 2-3 onions and put it in a wide bowl. Add in 3-4 finely chopped green chillies, little bit of crushed black pepper powder, pinch of salt, handful of finely chopped coriander leaves and toss all well together. 

** Now add in one cup of “Roasted & Spiced Groundnut” prepared ahead into the bowl of onion mixture, add in juice of freshly squeezed half a lemon and toss all well together and serve immediately. 


** “Roasted And Spiced Groundnut~ Onion Koshimbir" is done and ready to be served. You serve this as a starter on any occasion along with any other dishes or drinks of your choice. We being teetotalers served the same with Kokum Rasam and It tasted superb. Do try out this koshimbir and enjoy with your relative and friends. 

** I am sharing in the links to the recipes of “Roasted and Spiced Groundnut” and “Spicy Kokum Rasam” below, as there is no point in repeating the same again here. I have already posted them few days back so please do go through the same for the recipes from the attached links below ….. 

** "Spicy Kokum Rasam" ... It’s been raining continuously for the past week in Mumbai … So it’s been soups / rasams / saars as appetizers … There is nothing more appealing than a hot drink during cold weather at dinner time. … Here is an awesome kokum rasam recipe that is extremely delicious and is good for health too ... Enjoy them hot, while it Rains, But plz. stay safe ...... 
** Here is the link to the Recipe …. 

** “Roasted & Spiced Groundnuts (Peanuts)” … The famous Congress Kadalekayi from city of Bangalore … A lovely snack to munch on for those in between hunger pangs or when you enjoy a get together 
** Here is the link to the Recipe … 

** You can use the search option for "Rasams or Koshimbir" where you will get many more combinations of the same prepared using different Ingredients. Do try out various types of dishes to relish with yummy side dishes that are also included in the Blog. Just use the labels on the right side of the blog for various types of dishes. Enjoy the dishes with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of similar type in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. You can also go to my page (add on the left side of blog) and leave a message and I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible … Thank you. I have also started a food group for "Konkani Saraswats" by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" the link of which is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.