Saturday, July 28, 2018

Peja / Rice porridge with Lemon Pickle, Surmai Pickle, Garlic Chutney, Mixed Veg. Pickle.


“Pejje Jevana / Rice Porridge / Peja / Pejja / Konjee / Kanji / Gangi / Congee” served with  Lemon Pickle (Kanchi), Surmai Pickle, Garlic Chutney (Gooli), Mixed Veg. Pickle … Peja needs no introduction to an Indian, it is just rice cooked to soft consistency (gruel) and served hot when either one is not feeling too well or wants to go a bit light on tummy or yes if it’s raining heavily and you want to have something hot to sleep tight … There are an assortment of pickles and chutney dishes that can be served along with peja, here are some of them … Enjoy this one hot … Yumz …....... 


** I have made a few peja posts recently where I have mentioned how much my family loves to have steaming hot rice porridge / peja for dinner, with a dash of salt and a teaspoon of fresh homemade ghee. The mail I received some months back triggered posts on peja which I never ever thought should be included in my blog too. Well, I am thankful to the person who mailed me not only for acknowledging my work but advising me on this simple meal and that I must post them with different variations. I have posted in details about preparation of peja elsewhere, so again, I am going to share the link here for those who want to know the procedure which is very simple. Do read through that post that covers the importance of peja. 

** Coming to this post, it is a very old picture of mine when I had started posting in food groups. Like I said, I never thought anybody would be interested in peja combo or would enquire for the same, so when I started my Blog, I only included the recipes accompanying this peja in the picture. It is only recently that I retrieved this from old files, so that I could post the combo in my Blog. The picture is a old one, somewhere clicked about 4 years ago, when I was a novice to photography, not that I am good now, but I am started then and have come a long way, I guess, so do not go by the picture. The fish pickle is simply awesome and goes well with peja, so does the other ones. Posting links to all below, choose and pick the one’s you wish to try. 


** For the simple method of “Preparing Rice Porridge / Peja”, Please follow the link given below …. 

** For the “Limbiya Kanchi / Brined Lemon or simple Lemon Pickle” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** For the “Spciy Mixed Vegetable Pickle” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** For the “Garlic Chutney / Losooni Chutney (Gooli)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** For the “Surmai(Visonu/King Fish) Pickle” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** “Rice Porridge / Peja / Pejja / Konjee / Gangi” should always be served immediately steaming hot with a dash of salt and a teaspoon of homemade ghee. You can also serve it with lime pickle / kanchi or any other pickle, some fryums, kismuri, chips, wafers, podi, fish fry, pappads, vodi, happalu or just as it is with pickle. 

** Note : Please DO NOT hesitate to add GHEE, it is good for health. Latest health benefit analysis worldwide show that ghee is really good for health in limited intakes. This dish is very good for health so do not hesitate to introduce this into your diet at times. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of different types in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it or have a query, please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Do try out various types of dishes included in the Blog and Enjoy them with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. I have also started a food group for by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" where in you will find many more recipes by members and you too can share some of your own. The link to the group is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring" … Thank You ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.