Thursday, May 3, 2018

My Combo Meal.


My Combo Meal ... "Mango Shrikhand (Amrakhand) Served with Maida Poori (Luchi)" ... Decade back Shrikhand was usually served with maida poories also known as Luchi/Loochi in some Eastern parts of our Country and they tasted delicious complimenting each other well ... Today it's back to Golden Olden days ... Do try it once in a way ... Yummilicious Combo Meal .... 


** As I had written in detail to the best of my knowledge about both Amrakhand and Maida Poori, I must here mention that though Maida poori was not new to me, it was hardly prepared in my Maternal home, though I must have relished it a few times. After marriage and settling in Mumbai I came across Aamras another famous Maharashtrian dessert prepared almost all round the globe now, which also is prepared using ripe mangoes were served with Maida poori’s in some places. My dear friend Lt.Kulkarni aaji, used to keep chatting of olden days while she kept cooking something or the other when I visited her home. 

** She would drag me to the kitchen and make me sit on the floor as she would cook sitting on floor on the stove that was placed on floor and keep telling me stories of food etc. She always insisted that I should keep my cooking stove on floor and cook and not stand like the new set tradition, well I never followed that, but I learnt a lot of things from her. She too like me never wasted food and turned even stale day old roti, chips etc into another new dishes that amazed me. 


** How I wish I had jotted down all her wonderful tips and tricks so that I could use them and blog them for the benefit of all people. Sigh, I guess during younger days we are not keen about such things, but sometimes somethings suddenly flash by across in my mind and now I immediately jot them down lest I forget. It was she who told me that Aamras tasted best with Maida Poori and that during olden times it was served so. I did prepare them a few times using maida but then the fact that Maida was not too good for health made me resist using it often. Over years I had actually completely stopped preparing it. 

** To the best of my knowledge I must have prepared it some 10 years back and it was only when I went through my diaries my attention was drawn towards a corner where I had written Aamras ~ Maida Poori that I remembered the same. As it was the season of Mangoes and also my fruit vendor had given me the best of ripe Alphonso (aapus ambo) Mangoes, I decided to prepare the same maida poori so that I could share it with all my friends all over the world. I know people are hesitant to use Maida / APF nowadays for health issues, but trust me it does not harm in eating 1-2 poori in a year or so unless you are not well or have medical problems in which case please do forgo the same. 


** As for me I loved my Mango Shrikhand / Amrakhand with the Maida Poori (Luchi) after a very long long time. I have another combo ready in my mind, again which I had prepared long back which I will be posting next to this post. Yes, that dish also tastes great with maida poori and it is a sort of south meets east dish. So watch out this space for another combo for meals or bf. And relish the same with your family and friends. As before I will be sharing the links only here two both Mango Shrikhand (Amrakhand) and Maida Poori (Luchi) as this is a combo meal post. Please do go through the individual posts for the recipes and trust me they are yummy and will be loved for sure by one and all. 

** For the “Mango Shrikhand / Amrakhand” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** For the “Maida Poori (Luchi / Loochi)” Recipe, Please follow the link given below … 

** You can use the search option for "Shrikhand and Poori" where you will get many more dishes prepared using it. Do try out various types of dishes to relish with dosa / Idly / roti etc. or with dal-chawal too. Enjoy the dishes with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of similar type in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. You can also go to my page (add on the left side of blog) and leave a message and I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible … Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.