Friday, May 4, 2018

Kaju~Doodh Candy / Cashew Apple~Milk Popsicle.


"Kaju~Doodh Candy / Cashew Apple~Milk Popsicle" ... Flavored candies were a must summer coolant for us ... bringing back those childhood memories ... reliving those nostalgic moments, when the candy water trickled down hands till elbow ... Bliss ... Ever wondered where have those days gone ??? Well they are right here ... Enjoy these new flavored Ice Pops from my collection of Popsicle ...... 

** Sipping on Ice candy / Popsicle has always been my favorite time pass during summer all through my life. Yes, there are nostalgic memories related with it of childhood, and the child in me had never really left as far as ice pops are concerned. The day as a kid I learnt that Ice could be formed in the freezer compartment of our fridge from that day till date ICE is something that is always there in my home. Not that I fancy chilled drinks, not at all, I prefer them just cold and avoid chilled drinks, but sipping on Ice Candy is one thing that I could not curtail come summer. Rest of the year, I hardly remember them, come summer and my brains start thinking of new flavors etc. to be made into candies. Somehow, I love sipping on them and feeling the numbness of tongue and lips thrills me. I have already posted many Popsicle before in my Blog and they have always been appreciated. They are actually very easy to make, just use any juice, add sugar and put them in the molds and freeze, that’s all, in a few hours they are ready to be sipped and enjoyed. 

** All those who follow my Blog are always aware of my back to back recipes or posting with one particular veggie or fruit. I guess it does happen with most of us, when you have bought something in bulk and need to finish off the same. I could not say no to the old lady selling the cashew apple sitting on floor in the main market literally pleading me to buy them off, so that she could leave before someone caught for trespassing. These poor ladies come all the way from outskirts to sell their veggies or fruits and are always hounded by the caretakers. Well, I do agree it is wrong of them also to do so, but frankly where will they go, things are not the same anymore. 30yrs back when I got married and came to Thane, they were freely allowed to sit and sell them. In the last few years, there has been immense development on properties and concretion of roads etc. and they are simply not allowed to sit and sell anything and they cannot afford to rent out the shops inside the market. Yet, if they do not sell, what will they eat, either way it’s a mess. 

** Having said that, all are right in their own way, Govt. Rules are always implemented with some goodwill thoughts in mind and it is our duty as citizens to abide by them. They have to look after the smooth functioning of the city, but when you see a old lady, all bones and not much of flesh in body, grinning happily and asking us to please help by buying from them, your heart goes out to them. Though I disagree in breaking of rules, I pity them, so buy them and simply move off without arguing on cost etc. After all they really do not charge anything exorbitant that the person within the market does. Also within the market some fruits like these are never available too. Coming to the point of Cashew fruit, the ajji / grand old lady had about 2 dozens and I bought them all and was glad that she was relieved and really left for her home. Now, I was stuck with so much of these fruits and had to think of ways to finish them off. I cleaned them well and ground 90% of them to a fine paste and put them in an airtight box in freezer, so that I could use them as and when I wanted over a few days. 


** Preparation of "Kaju~Doodh Candy / Cashew Apple~Milk Popsicle" …. 

** Preparing of Popsicle or Ice candy is very easy, but today I prepared doodh Candy another childhood favorite that the candy man always sold. It’s almost similar except milk is added to the juice and this simple addition of milk makes it Doodh Candy. 

** Chop two cashew apple fruits / kajus and put them in a mixer grinder and grind to a very fine paste with one glass of water. Once the paste is smoothly ground, add in another cup of water and further grind all together, remove and strain through a very fine sieve to obtain a fiber free cashew apple juice. Add some about one cup of sugar and 2 cups of water to the strained juice and mix well till the sugar has melted and mixed evenly. This is cashew apple / kaju juice, check the taste, if its too strong flavored add in some water otherwise it is done. 

** In all you may have about 3-4 cups of kaju juice. Now add about 1.5 to 2 cups ie half the quantity of the juice and mix together. Check the sugar content, if too sweet add little bit of more milk and if its less, just add in a tablespoon of sugar and mix well. Isn’t it simple, the Kaju with milk juice is ready for making into Popsicle. Mix well and pour it into the Ice Candy / Popsicle molds and freeze for 3-4 hours or till set. Remove and allow to cool for 3-4 minutes before gently loosening it from the mold for serving. You can also pour some tepid water on the sealed molds so that water does not touch the ice within for it to get loosened up. 

** "Kaju~Doodh Candy / Cashew Apple~Milk Popsicle" are done and ready to be served. Do try this awesome Doodh Candies if cashew apple fruits are available in your vicinity. They simple taste awesome. You can even prepare them a few days before and set it in the freezer and enjoy it later on or when your guest drop in suddenly. It is always great to have something in the freezer during summer time on Sundays or holidays them to serve guests who drop by unannounced. Enjoy these Ice Pops with your family and friends and do give me a feedback. 

** You can use the search option for "Ice Candy or Popsicle" where you will get many more of them in different flavors posted before. Do try out various types of the same and relish them with your family and friends. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of similar type in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. You can also go to my page (add on the left side of blog) and leave a message and I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible … Thank you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.