Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Kadgi (Raw Jackfruit) Chakko ~ Podi ~ Talasani.


Three~In~One Dishes ... "Kadgi Chakko .. Kadgi Podi .. Kadgi Chari Talasani / Raw Jackfruit semi dry curry .. Raw Jackfruit Fries .. Raw Jackfruit Garlic Stir Fry" ... Prepared three tasty Amchi (Konkani Saraswat's) Dishes from Raw Jackfruit for today ... feeling extremely satisfied for not wasting even a little bit of the veggie ... Yummilicious ...... 

** I hate wastage of food. I urge all those of you who are reading this now, Please do not waste food. There are millions dying of hunger. Cook only that much how much is necessary. Serve in small portions as many a times people leave the food which can be done nothing about but reach the dustbin. You can always take in a second or even third serving, but leaving it unused or leftovers are definitely NO-NO. This includes using of water too. I mean the whole world is getting choked up by wastage and we simply do not learn. Coming to this Three~In~One Dishes, I had a large raw jackfruit say about 400-500 gms sitting in my fridge, cooling itself for last whole week. Luckily it was as good as new, as it had chilled itself well for this summer heat of Mumbai. Today I had to finish it off, no more excuses, so was just thinking about what dishes to prepare. 

** Any single dish prepared out of the whole lot would have to be relished in the same taste throughout the day and I was in no mood for that. Anuradhakka had posted kadgi chari upkari and I had already decided one dish ie I would prepare Kadgi Chari Talasani ie garlic seasoned. Few pieces would have to be done into podi / deep fries which was also a demand from hubby the day the raw jackfruit had arrived home, so that had to be done. Finally I decided on our very own Konkani Saraswat’s fav. Dish Chakko, though initially when the kadgi was brough home, I had all but decided to prepare biryani, yes Kathal is biryani. I have posted it long back, frankly those days I had just started posting and was neither writing much nor clicking any better. Do I wanted to redo that post again. 

** Well Kathal Biryani ka Kathal (murder) huva, meaning it was again put in the back shelf and chakko was decided upon. There is a reason for deciding on chakko. For chakko recipe we mash the cooked kadgi / raw jackfruit. As I wanted to prepare the chari upkari, which I had promised Anuakka, I would, I had to do it. While preparing chari upkari only the chari ie the edible portion between the spiky skin of raw jackfruit and the fibrous seedy portion is used. So the tender seeds and fiber portions are not used which I really did not want to waste. I try my level best never to waste food. This could be used along with some whole portions in preparation of chakko and that would solve my problem of using of the fibrous and seed portion. So that is why I decided on chakko. And above all chakko is relished by Konkani Saraswats even if it is prepared on weekly basis while in season. 

** This is how I came about preparing these three-in-one dishes today and relished them to my heart’s content with Red Ukda Boiled rice and Magge Morkolumbo (Sasam). A yummy combo of thali, which I will be posting next on blog. Again, since all the dishes are already posted in Blog before, no point in repeating them again, so sharing the links to the same. Do be kind enough to go through the links of that which you want to prepare and relish. And yes if you want to prepare the chari talasani / bhaji, use the leftover pieces to prepare chakko, you can even put them in fridge and use the next day, if you are too busy or do not want to take the trouble of preparing all dishes in one go. It remains good if you put it in an air tight stainless steel box and store immediately. 


** Given below are the links to the Recipes of each of the items / dishes from the Three-In-One Kadgi (Raw Jackfruit) dishes … 

1 “Kadgi Chakko / Raw Jackfruit Sukka” …. This Konkani Saraswat dish needs no introduction ….. A semi dry medium spicy curry that can be enjoyed both with Roti / Chapati or as an accompaniment to Dalitoy and Rice …. Yumz ..... Go ahead and Enjoy ….. 

** Here is the link to the Recipe ..... 

2 “Kadge Podi / Raw Jackfruit Fries” … Crispy outside and soft within ... A delicious side dish when served with Dalitoy and Rice ... 

** Here is the link to the Recipe....... 

3 "Raw Jackfruit / Kadgi Chari Talasani" ... Chari is that edible portion of raw jackfruit (Kadgi/Phanas/Fanas/Halasina Kayi) that is in between the fibrous seed portion and the outer thick spiky skin ... An awesome Garlic Flavored side dish that goes well with Dalitoy and Rice ... 

** Here is the link to the Recipe …… 

** You can also use the search option for "kadgi or Raw Jackfruit" where you will get many more dishes prepared using it. Do try out various types of dishes to relish with dosa / Idly / roti etc. or with dal-chawal too. Enjoy the dishes with your family and friends and do give me a feedback if possible. You can also click on the link below for checking the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.