Saturday, February 17, 2018

Milk Cup Cakes.


"Milk Cup Cakes" ... My first baked Muffins ... This is my first try at cup cakes / muffins and I simply love them … A delicious and simple cake that can be prepared and shared with your family and friends at parties, events, birthdays, celebrations or weekends … Sincere thanks to Gladys Floret Ananda for the awesome recipe … Yummy Yumz ...... 

** Cakes, pastries, puffs, muffins, sandwiches, pizzas are all my childhood favorite dishes and I love simple cakes without any icing or fondants on them. Somehow I like the taste of cakes that are not make too much sweet or filled with too much cream. That is the very reason I do not buy the cakes in the newly opened swanky bakeries nowadays. They are not only filled with too much icing but are loaded with calories and also cost a bomb for a small piece of the same. I have had an OTG for a good 28 yrs now except for pizza I have never baked much. I was too busy with my business commitments to venture out in the field of baking but it was always there at the back of mind that I should learn this art too. In Mumbai we get those simple mawa cakes which I love very much and I buy them to satisfy myself. 

** But for the last few years after starting my Blog and posting in food groups, I often used to come across friends who made such lovely cakes, muffins, breads, buns and posted them that tempted me so much that I regretted having no learnt the same. Its about 8 months now since I started my own food group “Konkani Delicacies” and my friends enthusiastically post them. My love for cakes crops up when our friends here keep posting such yummy cakes. I put across quite a few questions to them but was still hesitant to do the same. Finally when my friend Gladys posted this simple recipe I decided to prepare them as I had all required ingredients at home and there were no more excuses left. So I decided to go about doing the same as I had some time in hand too. 

** I prepared the batter, followed the recipe exactly as it was except added in butter instead of oil and topped it with almond pieces / slivers instead of resins. Everything was done and perfect. But to my dismay the muffins / cup cakes though turned out great were unevenly cooked on top. I did not get an even crust but otherwise for the taste and fluffiness they were excellent. Well this is what happens if you use 28 yrs old OTG without checking ... Not a baker, I had not touched my Oven for a good 5 yrs except a few times.The cakes turned out unevenly browned as the coil of my OTG is conked, that is what the technician says ... "IF IT'S ANY OTHER REASON THAT ANYBODY WHO IS EXPERT IN BAKING CAN THINK OFF PLZ. DO LET KNOW" ... But taste wise it's Jhakkkaaas ... Well I have sent it for checking let’s see, but whatever I will not give up and you will see me baking more often even if I have to buy a new oven. 


** Here is the Recipe which Gladys shared …. Thanks Gladys Floret Ananda for this lovely recipe ... We all loved it very much ... 

Milk Cup Cakes … Makes 12 regular cup cakes 
2 large eggs 
1/2 cup milk 
1 tsp vanilla extract 
1 cup all-purpose flour / Maida
1 cup powdered sugar 
1 1/2 tsp baking powdered 
1/4 tsp salt 
1/2 cup oil or melted butter (I used Butter) 

** I topped them with a few almond pieces / slivers. 

Method : 
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C), and place oven rack in the center of the oven. Butter, or line with paper liners, 12 cups. 

2. In a bowl whisk together the eggs, oil and vanilla extract. 

3. In another large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Fold the wet ingredients, along with the milk into the dry ingredients and whisk or beat using egg beater.. only until the ingredients are moistened and combined. 

4. Evenly fill the cups with the batter, using two spoons or an ice cream scoop. Place in the oven and bake for about 18-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a cup cake comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 5-10 minutes before removing from pan. Can be covered and stored at room temperature for a few days or they can be frozen. 


** "Milk Cup Cakes" are done and ready to be served. They taste awesome when served fresh. You can store them in airtight container at room temperature for a few days. Prepare these muffins and share them with your family and friends, you can also send them in your children's lunch box if its allowed in their school or you can keep them ready for them when they reach home hungry from school. You can prepare these during weekends and let your children share them with their friends when they go out to play. They will all simply love it and you will be happy to see their smiling faces. 

** An Earnest Request : There are many more recipes of similar type in the blog. For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. You can also go to my page (add on the left side of blog) and leave a message and I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible … Thank you. I have also started a food group for "Konkani Saraswats" by the name "KONKANI DELICACIES" the link of which is posted on the left side of the blog page. Do join us in our culinary journey. I strongly believe in Sharing and always endorse that "Sharing Is Caring".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.