Thursday, November 16, 2017

Hot-n-Spicy Tomato Radish Soup/ Tamatar Aur Mooli ka Soup”


“Hot-n-Spicy Tomato Radish Soup/ Tamatar Aur Mooli ka Soup” … A healthy- spicy steaming hot soup garnished with radish julienne and coarsely crushed black pepper powder … Sip on leisurely with some bread/ bread sticks/ creme crackers/ wafers/ chips to drive away the setting in winter chills … Sure to get a sound sleep ZZZzzzz … Yummilicious …

** Come winter season and the demand for different varieties of soup comes on in my home. I have to keep cracking my brains to come across something different everyday. Though tomato soup is one of the best and in demand soups, we simply love any type of soups. The season is simply great to sip on leisurely on hot soups and if there is bread or bread sticks or even croutons and wafers it’s that much more enjoyable. I know I am lacking behind in posting of soups. There are so many soups that I have yet to post, but winter is the time when I am usually a regular in cooking them. By and large my soups are all simple with whatever is available in the market during the season. I just pressure cook the veggies, making my own mix and match and avoid sauteing them etc. as it not so healthy. So watch out for my postings in this blog for many varieties of soups and relish them with your family and friends.

** This is a simple soup prepared out of tomatoes and radish that gives a creamy textured thick soup. The soup is spicy enough to tickle your taste buds. Easy to prepare and a very filling one if had with some bread or toast. I make this many times as it is seasonal veggies and I prepare it on pressure cooker so that much hazel free. Well you can enjoy this soup at dinner with some fried bread slices the way I usually do. If it is to be relished in the late evening, then I prefer it with some tortilla chips / wafers. My stock at home was over and I had somehow completely forgotten about it. Sometimes I prepare Methi chips for the same too … Will post it soon. But as of now all that was Creme' Crackers Biscuits which is another accompaniment that I love to much on dipped in soups as they are almost tasteless. They do not contain sugar nor much of salt. Go ahead and prepare it, your family I assure will love this one and no I assure all those of you who are skeptical of radish taste, it tastes good…. Try it.

** Here is my simple recipe for “Hot-n-Spicy Tomato Radish Soup/ Tamatar Aur Mooli ka Soup” ... My style, try it and enjoy with family ....


** Peel off the skin of 2 medium sized radish / mooli / mullangi and slice them or cube them into medium sized pieces. Cut some radish into julienne’s and keep them aside to be added later on while cooling the soup. Wash, drain and keep them ready aside. Wash and cut into quarters about 500 gms of tomatoes that are very ripe and red in color.

** Add both radish and tomatoes in pressure cooker along with a few cloves of garlic/ losun/ lehsun (7-8) and one inch piece of ginger/ adrak/ losun cut into pieces. Add in about 2 cups of water and pressure cook to 2- 3 whistles. Remove, let cool and the pressure drop on its own. Once cool enough, open the lid gently and allow the steam to pass away. Now allow the pressure cooked ingredients to cool. Once its cooled remove and blend it in a mixer or hand blender to a smooth paste.

** Pour the ground paste in a thick bottomed vessel. Check the consistency of the soup and water in more water if required only to bring to desired consistency. Add salt/ namak/ meeta to taste, coarsely ground black pepper/ kali miri powder and mix well. Bring to a boil on medium heat and then add in the prepared and kept radish Julienne's and simmer for about 5 minutes or till the radish is 75% cooked. Remove from fire and keep aside covered for 5 minutes for all the flavours to seep in.

** “Hot-n-Spicy Tomato Radish Soup/ Tamatar Aur Mooli ka Soup” is done and ready to be served. Soups should always be served fresh and steaming hot. They taste the best then. Pour the hot soup in individual bowls and serve them sprinkled with some fresh coarsely ground pepper powder. You can also add in a blob of fresh homemade butter. I have not for health reasons. But I assure you it tastes yumz and once in a week I do add on the butter. So in limited intake its good for health. 

** You may tava fry with butter some bread slices and serve along with the soup or serve them with some tortilla chips or any other wafers / bread sticks or toast, they taste great. I have yet to stock on these as winter is fast approaching, so I served it with creme' crackers biscuit, which is another combo I love. Try it, tastes great as the biscuit in itself is bland in taste almost similar to bread sticks, so compliments the soup well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.