Saturday, August 19, 2017

Hot Cocoa With Roasted ~ Spiced Cashew Nuts.


“Hot Cocoa With Roasted ~ Spiced Cashew Nuts” … Dhadandad pavusu yettari assa (phrase in konkani) meaning it’s been raining heavily all day … So to kill boredom, there is nothing more comforting than sipping on a cup of hot chocolaty cocoa with some roasted and spiced cashew nuts (I Micro waved) curled up with a good suspense novel … Bliss … 


On a day when it’s pouring heavily and there is chill in the air, nothing helps your soul to soothe better than a mug of hot chocolate / cocoa. Hot chocolate has been a part of my childhood days. I never drank Coffee or Tea all through my childhood and teens. I still do not drink coffee, as somehow, it neither suits my body nor do I find it pleasant or needful. In the last few years however, I have adapted to drinking Tea in the mornings and now I have just one cup of it in the mornings. But Cocoa drink is one my favourite along with other milk drinks hot or cold. I love fruit juices too. It’s a perfect drink to serve either during winter or monsoon when the rains are just pouring and the weather is gloomy. There is nothing more comforting, more warming and more suitable than sipping on hot cocoa curled up with a good suspense novel. Bliss. That is what I am doing just now once I finish sharing this with all of you.


** Preparing Hot Cocoa is simple. All you need is some milk, cocoa powder, sugar. That’s all. Some do add on cream and a pinch of salt, I do not. 

** Just boil 2 large cups milk and allow to simmer for 2-3 mins. Add in a small bowl 2 tblsp of cocoa powder ( I added Hershey’s Cocoa Powder) with some luke warm water and mix well, till there are no lumps in the mixture. 

** Add the cocoa mixture to the simmering milk along with 1 large tblsp of sugar and mix well till the cocoa and sugar are well mixed in. Hot Cocoa or Chocolate is done. 

** Pour the steaming “Hot Cocoa” into two individual mugs and serve them hot immediately along with some fried or roasted snacks. Yummy Yumz. It is really soothing on the nerves and if taken before going to bed, sure to get a good tight sleep. 

** For the Microwaved Cashew Nuts Recipe, Please check the link given below ….

** An earnest Request : For all my Recipes, use the search option or the label section in the Blog. If you are still not able to find it please leave a message in comment section or mail me the same. You can also go to my page (add on the left side of blog) and leave a message and I will try my best to get back to you as soon as possible … Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.