Saturday, January 28, 2017

Chilled Cashew Milk.


Chilled Cashew Milk flavoured with Saffron ……. A purely delicious and creamy dairy – free drink that tastes perfect on its own …… Enjoy 


Homemade cashew milk is the creamiest of homemade nut milks, the most refreshing of all that can be easily replaced in any dish were the dairy milk is needed. It does take soaking but then its done easily in our home blender / grinder. The nut gets completed blended / grounded in water and leaves no waste during the making process thus ensuring all fiber and nutrients intact that are present in the cashews. Milk shakes, Ice Creams, Gravies etc. can be prepared out of cashews. An equally delicious replacement that is highly nutritious. I had come across this recipe long back before I started blogging and loved preparing it both as it is or with ground saffron along. Sometimes I add on other dry fruits like Almond etc. There are various combinations of drinks that can be prepared with the same. Even coffee or tea can be prepared out of the same and its soon to be followed in the blog. My Blog is just a little bit over 2 yrs old and I do not get enough time to prepare all my recipes prepared and collected over 27 yrs of my married life. Being an avid lover of food, I loved preparing / learning new dishes etc. But due to business pressure I could not do justice to my this desire most of the time. 


However over time I felt if I don’t do it now …. I never will. So here are my treasured recipes that will be posted as and when I prepare. I assure you they are all done and enjoyed / relished in my very own small and compact kitchen. So do not fear the outcome, with trial and error you will surely come up with some of your own variations. In which case do let me know, you may send in a picture of the same prepared by you which I will definitely publish on my Blog for sure. This is a very simple reason. Today I am posting the basic Cashew Milk recipe, the variations and adaptions to the same will follow soon. All you need are good quality cashew nuts for the same. And preparing the milk is breeze work. If you have any children or elders at home who is allergic to dairy milk you can compensate the same and give them this milk which is nutritious and healthy. However, do not go overboard with the quantity used as too much is not good and a little of of cashews go a long way.


For Preparing Cashew Milk : Soak half a cup of good quality cashew in one cup of hot milk covered aside for 2 hours. Do not add more milk. You can leave out milk and soak in hot water too. I used skimmed milk. But I assure you water added also is equally good and will not make much difference. 


After 2 hours put the cashews along with the milk / water it is soaked in into a blender and grind it to a fine paste. If you find it grainy, do not fret, continue the blending and you will get a smooth paste. See to it that you do not add much water / milk while soaking for the very own reason. If you have keep away some of the water / milk in which the cashew was soaked and grind and you can add the same later on.


Add in 4 tblsp of sugar and further grind till all is well blended. Take it out in a larger bowl and add in 2 – 3 cups of water depending upon how much thick you want the cashew milk to be. Put when you add water later on do not add in hot water, just add in chilled water and mix well. Add in a few grain of saffron if desired while serving. The cashew milk is ready to be served. Easy and yummy. 

1 comment:

  1. I love most of the dishes you post,but I am not very good at presentation, so I don't like to post. Kept posting,all the best

    ReplyDelete

Thanks.