Sunday, November 13, 2016

Spicy Bread Balls With Cabbage And Capsicum.


Spicy Bread Balls With Cabbage And Capsicum …. A yummy snack prepared in Jiffy …. Super tasty ….. do try this out … Sure to be a hit with your family …..


Bread is something always available at home or in the nearby stores which comes in handy at times when you wonder what to cook up. Today I wanted to prepare something out of the fresh bread loaf lying in fridge that was different from the usual bread upma or bondas etc. Long back I had prepared Bread Vadas similar to Urad dal vadas which are prepared for dahi vadas or vada sambar. They were yummy. But that was way back before I started the culinary journey of clicking of picture’s of food, posting them in groups and then finally started my own blog. 


My friends have been so supportive in my journey by giving in their own tips and asking me for some forgotten dishes which I myself had forgotten. Today my Blog is my Joy where I spend most of my time and enjoy sharing my recipes and thoughts. This is my own recipe that came about way back about 15 yrs back. Due to my hectic schedule then, being a business women, I was pressed for time and hardly got time to try my hand at new recipes. During that period I always saw to it that there were plenty of fruits, eggs and bread at home all the time. Eggs and bread have saved me many a time from going hungry. But then I had to consume / finish of the bread loaf within the limit of 3 days. That was how I tried my hand at various dishes with the addition of fresh bread crumbs. I have already posted rava bhakri and some other dishes that I prepared with bread slices. This one is also simply and can be prepared in a jiffy, also handy when guests drop in suddenly too. You just need some fresh bread slices, spices, flours and veggies. 


Ingredients :
Bread Slices : 8 Nos (I used Brown Bread you may use any)
Cabbage : About 150 gms.
Capsicum : One large
Green Chillies : 4-5 Less or more depending upon individual taste.
Ginger : 1 inch piece.
Maize Flour : 2 tblsp
Bengal Gram Flour : 2 tblsp
Rice Flour : 4 tblps
Curds (thick) : 1/2 cup
Oil (hot) : 1 tblsp 
Salt to taste.
Oil for deep frying.


I made fine bread crumbs out of fresh 8 slices of bread in food processor chopper (another electrical appliance without which I guess my hands become bound). Also finely chopped together about 2 cups of capsicum, 1 large capsicum after removing the seeds within, 4-5 less spicy green chillies, 1 inch piece of ginger. Add this into a bowl with 2 tblsp of makai ka atta (Maize flour), 2 tblsp of Besan (Bengal gram flour), 4 tblsp of rice powder, salt to taste and ½ cup of curds. 












Mix to form a smooth dough kneading all ingredients together. Sprinkle some water or add in little bit of water if necessary only. Lastly add in 1 tblsp of hot oil (any edible oil will do) and roll it further to a smooth dough. Make small balls of the same that the size of lemon and keep them ready aside. 












Heat plenty of oil in a thick bottomed kadai to smoking point. When hot, lower the heat to medium and gently slip in a few of the prepared bread balls into the oil. Do be careful. Allow the balls to cook on medium heat for some time say 2-3 minutes, before you gently roll them with ringed spatula. 












Cook the balls till they are evenly browned and crispy from outside. Keep tossing them to get that texture. Once done remove them using a ringed or slotted spatula and put them on an absorbent paper for the excess oil to drain off. Repeat the process with the remaining bread balls till all are evenly done. 


Serve the bread balls hot with tomato ketchup or any other chutney of your choice. They go well with tomato ketchup, coriander chutney or even imli / tamarind chutney or any khatta meetha teekha chutney. Enjoy there spicy bread balls with your family and friends as a snack at get together or just laze out with them on chilly winters with a cuppa of hot drink …. Bliss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.