Saturday, November 19, 2016

Prawn Green Masala Curry With Surmai Fry And Green Peas Pulav.


Something Fishy ...... Prawn ~ Bhendi (Lady's Finger) Green Masala Curry With Surmai (Visonu) Fry And Green Peas (Vatana) Pulav ..... Yumz ....


Many a times I think of preparing fish curry with a little bit of variation from the regular Amchi curry, but somehow I am always hesitate to try it. Many years back one of my friend was buying fish and while just chatting she told me to walk with her upto the veggie market to buy bhendi / Lady’s Finger. As we reached there she just bought about very little quantity of bhendi and it surprised me as I knew she had a large family. I casually asked her would it be enough. She said off course, then looking at my surprised face she said oh… its to add to fish curry. 


It surprised me as we Amchies never add any veggies usually to fish curry except maybe tomatoes. She told me they always added potatoes or bhendi and sometimes some other veggies too. She also told me to try it as it tasted yummy. I remembered what she had said and decided to prepare this curry with my very own method of green masala but with the addition of bhendi as my friend had suggested. Along with it as an accompaniment I fried some Visonu / Surmai / King fish that is another Fav. Fish fry of ours. Also I served this with simple Green Peas Pulav, an otherwise bland Pulav that goes well with spicy curry. So go ahead and preapre these dishes, they really compliment each other and if you serve this to guest the party is sure to be a hit. Of course if its party then you have to add in coolants and sweet desserts too. 


** For the Simple Green Peas Pulav Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….


** For Prawn ~ Bhendi Green Masala Curry Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….


** For the Visonu / Surmai / King fish fry Recipe, Please follow the link given below ….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.