Sunday, July 17, 2016

Mughlai Egg Curry With Masoor Pulav.


A Royal Treat At its Best ..... “Mughlai Egg Curry And Masoor Pulav” ......


“Mughlai Egg Curry" ... This is one scrumptious curry that has really stood the test of time .... A 30 year old treasured recipe given to me by my friends mother who is no more, which I hardly make nowadays …. I Call it TT Curry ….. yep Tedious and Time consuming curry …. But today felt like preparing this after a very loooong time …. Yumz ..... Served this with “Masoor Pulav” ….. A delicious rice and lentil pulav made nutritious using brown basmati rice …… An infinitely tasty pulav and egg curry ... Royal Indeed ....


This is a lovely and tasty curry which taste’s best when served after a few hours. Somehow the masalas blend well in time and the curry is much more tastier later on. I used to prepare this often years back, but with passing of time and pressure of other work somehow never found enough time to prepare this curry in the recent years. Those days we prepared this curry with whole masala ingredients, but I have changed that here and used powders instead which is much faster and also easier. Also the original recipe was made with chicken and the procedure for that is a little bit different. 


Here I have prepared it with eggs only. In a few days time I will prepare the same the traditional method by using chicken itself. But the taste however has not differed much, though when cooked with chicken, the chicken imparts different taste. I served this with masoor pulav another royal dish from north. The combination was awesome, as I had kept the pulav simple without much addition of masalas. Do prepare this curry in leisure and give me a feed back. I am sure your family will love it. 


“Masoor Pulav” … A delicious rice and lentil pulav made nutritious using brown basmati rice …… An infinitely tasty pulav with egg curry combo ......


Masoor Pulav / Biryani is a dish prepared in the Northern parts of India. A yummy dish, but should be prepared spicy if serving with curds, raita or dal and a little bit medium if serving with spicy curry. You can prepare both pulav or biryani with the same. 


Biryani is prepared a little bit spicier and can be served as it is while pulav is milder on spices and tastes better with a spicy curry. This is prepared by cooking both rice and masoor together as well as separately and then mixing it. I prefer the later as I feel the cooking times of both varies as well as if cooked together there will be darker unsuitable colour of the same and also the texture can be more like that of khichidi. I have also prepared this using brown basmati rice which is much more healthier than the normal polished one. 


** For the Mughlai Egg Curry Recipe, Please follow the link given below ……


** For the Masoor Pulav Recipe, Please follow the link given below …….

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.