Friday, May 6, 2016

Beetroot Raw Mango Panna.


Thanda Thanda ...... Khatta Meetha Teekha .... Beet-Aam-Panna / Beetroot-Raw Mango-Panna ......... Simply Delicious ....


My experiment with different combinations in raw mango panna continues. While the basic panna recipe remains the same, I keep adding other ingredients to have a different taste every time I serve it. I guess by now my craze for juices are well known.


It gives me immense pleasure when my family enjoys the different concoctions I prepare. Here I have added beetroot for added health benefit and for that beautiful and deadly dark colour. Beets are very good for health, so go ahead and enjoy these pannas with the addition of beetroot.












Peel, wash and roughly chop one medium sized beetroot. Wash, slice off the step edge of one large sized raw mango and slice the two sides too. 


Put the chopped beetroot and the slices along with the mango in a pressure pan. Add in 2 cups of water and pressure cook to 3-4 whistles. Let the pressure drop on its own. Remove the lid and allow the ingredients to cool to room temperature.


Squeeze out all the fleshly portions of the raw mango and put them along with the slices and the beetroot in a mixer grinder. Add in the cooked water too. Add in 1 tsp of pepper powder and a small piece of ginger (Optional). Grind to a very smooth paste. Add in more water if necessary.


Remove the paste and strain through a fine sieve. Add 2 cups of sugar and mix well. Add 2-3 cups of water and keep it in the refreigerator to cool for 2-3 hours. Serve the juice chilled in tall glasses topped with some ice cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.