Thursday, October 22, 2015

Black Pigeon Peas Curry With Brined Bamboo Shoots.

 

Kali Tori Gashi (Koddel) with Mittaghalele Keerlu / Black Pigeon Peas Curry With Brined Bamboo Shoots seasoned with garlic .... A delicious Konkani Saraswats dish that tastes delicious when served with Red Boiled Rice / Rice .... Yumz .......

This is one of my favorite curry which I prepare almost every month once. The vegetable added along with the kali tori / black pigeon peas depends upon the season. Sometimes I add Suran, Raw Jackfruit during its season, fresh bamboo during season or brined one’s during other times. In the month of December you get a root vegetable called kooka (Chinese potato). This when added too tastes excellent. I do also add sometimes Magge (South Indian Cucumber) at times or lauki (Garduddhe). Here I have added brined bamboo shoots. 

The seasoning / tempering is the same ie. Garlic seasoning another favorite in my family. But for people who want to avoid garlic can always season it with Mustard Seeds and Curry leaves.

Note: For the Black Pigeon Pea Curry Recipe, Please refer to the following link ……

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.