Sunday, January 11, 2015

Fresh Pineapple (Avanasa) Juice.


"Fresh Pineapple (Avanasa) Juice" .... there is always joy in taking a mid break and sipping on fresh fruit juices be it at home or in my office ... I have always loved juices and always make it a point to prepare the same ... winter brings in a lot of fruits that you are actually confused in choice of preparation of the same, so make the best of the fruits that are in season by relishing as it is or prepared into juices .... Yummilicious ... 

** This post has be re-edited as I felt it necessary to pen in a few words as per changing times. Though there is nothing such as recipe in this juice, that portion has not be changed and remains the same. 

** I enjoy the benefit of having my office and home both in same premises, well frankly it was purchased that way to avoid unnecessary travel as in Mumbai that's really a mundane task to do so. As it is in the inner roads there are lots of fruit and veggie vendors moving about in push carts selling their ware. A few of them stop over for a few hours on roadsides and sometime right in front of my office premises too. Over years we have begun to recognize each other and they always come over and call me if they have brought fresh fruits. 

** This time my fruit vendor brought a push cart full of fresh pineapples and insisted I buy at least a few. claiming they were very sweet and would remain good for a week. Well, I bought in a few yesterday and that means now I have to prepare different dishes in a row which is really a brain teasing work for me. No wastage of food is always the topmost criteria in my home, so I always buy them in whole and slice them myself, which helps me in carefully separating the juicy edible pieces to prepare dishes and the rest is churned into juice.


** For Juice : There is nothing to write about preparation of this juice as I am sure all of you  know how to prepare the simple fruit juice. Just remove the outer spiky skin of the pineapple (Nowadays you get them cleaned in the market) and cut them into medium sized pieces. Put the pieces in a blender/ mixer with 1-2 cups of water and blend to a smooth paste. Remove and strain through a fine stainless steel sieve. Add sugar and more water if necessary and mix well.  Serve chilled topped with ice cube or by keeping in fridge/ or as it is. 

** Note : I have already mentioned above that I slice pineapple myself. I slice of the the outer spiky skin portion with a very sharp knife and the cut it horizontally into half. I cut it again vertically, slice off 1/2 an inch of the inner core part and 1/4 inch size of the outer most fleshly part to remove the eyes that are not edible. Then I cut them into pieces and use them in preparing of dishes. The outer portion and the inner core I cut again into small pieces, put them in mixer grinder and prepare juice as mentioned above. 

** Note : I always never discard glass bottles that we buy honey, sauces etc. unless they are really overcrowded at home in which case my maid help always takes them away. Previously I always stored jam and pickle bottles too. Now unfortunately they come in plastic bottles, also I have stopped purchasing jams and pickles and prepare them at home. However, I love the honey bottles which are very good and sort of a collection if you buy them in the same quantity each time. It also helps me in storing jams and pickles in fridge very well. 

** I always carried juices prepared at home to my office close by so that I could have it at mid morning as my lunch is always late, however till a few years back I used a plastic bottle for it as it and was always finding it tiresome to clean with brushes. The recent revolution on banning of plastic bottles has somehow spread awareness, though I do carry water in it, I avoid taking juices and use either reuse the ketchup or honey glassware bottles and along with it I carry my stainless steel tumbler and relish the same. 

** I completely agree that it is not possible to do so for officer goers who need to travel as then plastic comes in handy, but wherever and whenever possible try using either glassware or stainless steel dishes, we definitely need to be environment friendly for the sake of coming generation so that they do not suffer our lack of awareness. In my fridge too I have have started using stainless steel boxes, and if using plastic I use those that can be recycled or easier for disposal. I have miles to go on this project, but I have begun and will do so. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks.